OUR GREEN EFFORTS
At Villas del Mar Hau we care about the environment and that is why we have taken all necessary steps to be a green facility, certified as Sustainable Tourism Facility by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company. Protecting and conserving our natural resources is vital to maintaining Puerto Rico's natural beauty. The Puerto Rico Tourism Company has created the Green Lodging Program to help promote sustainable and conservationist practices that minimize hotel impact on the environment and our natural resources. Parador Villas del Mar Hau in Isabela is one of the few properties to be awarded the Green Lodging label.
We have taken green initiatives all throughout the property in water and electric power consumption, all cleaning products (detergents, disinfectants, fabric softeners, etc.), all maintenance products (paint, sylocone, tints, etc.), office supplies (toners, paper, newspapers, magazines, etc.), green areas, noise, and general solid waste generated by the hotel.
We have a green code of conduct for our property with the following recommendations:
- Always visit the beach with a garbage bag for dispossing your waste, if you do not have one, we can facilitate one.
- Separate waste for recycling, dispossing of it in the respective container, located next to the Interpretative Center.
- Respect noise rules. No excesive noise after 10pm allowed in the property until 9am in the morning.
- Aluminum waste will be dispossed in special blue bags.
- Please reuse your towels and linens
- During your trip, remember to take only the materials aboslutelly necessary. This applies to napkins, free brochures, maps, etc.
- Familiarize yourself with the ecosystems in the property. Appreciate the flora and fauna of our green hotel.
These are some of the Flora and Fauna available in our property:
· Bejuco prieto (Pristimera caribaea)
· Árboles de Encinillo (Drypetes ilicifolia)
· Palo de rosa (Ottoschulzia rhodoxylon)
· Maga (Thespesia grandiflora)
· Arbusto Jayajabico (Erithalis fruticosa)
· Zapote de costa (Minilkara Pleeana)
· Tortugas Tinglar (Dermochelys coriacea)
· Carey de Concha (Eretmochelys imbricada)
· Pelicano Pardo (Pelecanus occidentalis)
Aves que pueden observarse en el farallón Hau:
· Zumbador Dorado (Anthracothorax dominicus)
· San pedrito (Todus mexicanus)
· Querequeque (Chordeiles gundlachi)
· Garza ganadera (Bubulcus ibis)
· Garzón Cenizo(Ardea herodias)
· Comeñame (Loxigilla portoricensis)
· Garza Blanca (Egretta thula)
· Charran real (Thalasseus maximus)
· Chorlito cabezón (Pluviales squatarola)
· Charrán común (Sterna hirundo)
· Águila pescadora (Pandion haliaetus)
· Ruiseñor (Mimus polyglottos)
· Martín pescador (Ceryle alcyon)
· Golondrina de cuevas (Pterochelidon fulfa)
· Paloma turca (Patgioenas squamosa)
· Carpintero de PR (Melanerpes portoricensis)